* Do you do freelance work on the side?
* If so, do you have the proper contracts set up to protect you and the client?
* Do you not want to get bamboozled with a commission or contract job?
* Well, you need to have a signed estimate/confirmation form stating all the terms of the job.
* You say, "Yea that's what I need, but where do I find that and how do I make it my own?"
* Well, I have been working hard on that solution and here it is.
I have created a PDF template for an Estimate/Confirmation Form and Invoice Form specifically for freelance illustrator students and recent grads. These are two page PDF files that you can add your contact info/logo at the top of each page. It includes a functional calculating form, and tips for what to write in each field. To modify and use these forms you need the Acrobat 8 Professional which is on all the computers at SCAD and apart of the Adobe CS3 Design Premium software package. Be sure to follow the steps listed in the "Customize_Your_ILLU_Contracts.doc" exactly. There are some advanced techniques explained in there, but once you do it once it's quite simple to get. These are the same forms and instructions that will be given to you in the ILLU 409 Self Promotion class taught by me. So I go over how to use them in that class. But if you need them before that class here they are. If you have any questions or problems feel free to contact me.
You can find these on my links page here.
or directly here: