Sergio Aragonés coming to UGA, Feb 13 - Did I err?

Sunday, February 1, 2009


Okay folks, it's time for a departmental field trip. Sergio Aragonés is coming to UGA's East Campus Feb 13, 2009!

From the invite:

Athens, Ga. – Sergio Aragonés, one of the world’s most-honored cartoonists and an early contributor to famed MAD magazine, will deliver the 2009 Jack Davis Distinguished Visiting Artist Lecture on the University of Georgia campus on Friday, Feb. 13.
The event will take place in the Lamar Dodd School of Art Building on UGA’s East Campus and is open free to the public.

Aragonés is by far one of my most favorite illustrators, having worked for MAD magazine (he does lots of strips and all of those little "marginals" - the bits around the other comic strips), and publishing his own comic, Groo. When Rick told me about this event, I reverted back to the Jr High version of me (same hooded sweat jacket) and said, "No Way!" Ask Rick. That happened.

So, I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in joining me to take a trip over to Athens for some Aragonés goodness. In case you're wondering, yes, it is officially the field trip for my Humorous Illustration course. Those interested can make plans on their own, or can talk to me about hooking up with other students for a ride.

If you aren't familiar with his work, look him up!



Do you know of any upcoming events that would be great SCAD Illustration Dept outings? Let me know!

No comments: