Student Spotlight- Yossaya Aisiri

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yossaya "Noodee" Aisiri came to Atlanta from Thailand by way of Savannah, and we have to send a note of thanks to the folks down there for allowing us to bask in the glow of this amazing student, if only for a short time. We couldn't let her leave us without shining the spotlight on her for a week or two before she jets home to Bangkok. So, please join the SCAD-Atlanta Illustration faculty as we proudly present the work of Noodee Aisiri.

noodee_theatre.jpg

Where are you from?
I am from Bangkok, Thailand

Reindeer_web.jpg

Where have you been to school (and if grad student what kind of degree did you receive)?
I received a BFA in Visual Communication Design from Silapakorn University in Thailand.

Yossaya_SRBA_web.jpg

What attracted you to Illustration?
Since I was little I like looking at everything beautiful and full of cute details such as pretty buildings, cool toys, pictures in books, or on television. I didn’t realize that they are illustrations until I was in university.

apple_2_web.jpg

Who are your biggest influences?
My mother is my biggest influence. My mother is one of the most famous children TV program producers in Thailand. I grew up in the environment of children's media, a world full of creativity and imagination. Disney characters and Japanese cartoons also have had an influence on me, because children of my generation grew up with them.

apple_3_web.jpg

If you weren’t studying illustration at SCAD, what would you likely be doing?
If I were not studying illustration at SCAD, I would probably work in the children oriented field. I would gain experience in children's TV programming as my mother's assistant, and also produce my own program. After gaining enough experience, I would like to continue applying my master's degree, probably in an illustration related field.

apple_4_web.jpg

What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time, I like to watch cartoons such as Sponge Bob. I also like surfing on illustrators’ websites and buying any creative products. All these activities are the inspirations that push me to do better work.

Crocodile_Cover_web.jpg

What is something that most people don’t know about you?
Most people seem to know everything about me because I always show my sincerity in everything I do. Even my clumsiness is known to everyone.

Crocodile01_web.jpg

What would your dream job/client be and why?
My dream job is to found the illustrators’ community in Thailand. It’s good to have a place that gathers people together who work or have a similar interest in this field, so they can share their ideas, and catch up on and share illustration news with each other. Besides, there’s still no such place in Thailand.

Crocodile04_web.jpg

What’s your typical process for creating you’re artwork?
I start with developing my ideas, focusing on what the assignment needs, and then I do some research. After that I sketch; I bring my sketchbook everywhere I go, in case an idea suddenly just pops-up. When the sketch is finished, the process of making the original artwork usually involves acrylics on a textured surface, then the work is scanned and final adjustments are done in Photoshop.

town_web.jpg

Sum up your personal philosophy in 25 words or less.
Doing my best open-mindedly and positively in order to achieve my goal.

forest_web.jpg

Thanks, Noodee. It's been a pleasure having you with us, and we will miss you when you're gone. Best wishes to you and yours in Thailand! And keep in touch!!

No comments: