Friday, November 2, 2012

STUDENT PROFILES - RUTH MEHARG
Where were you born?

Fort Worth, Texas. It’s right next door to Dallas, but Fort Worth is where the cowboys hang out.

When did you start making art?

I’ve always made art, but I didn’t decide that it was the career I wanted to pursue until my senior year in high school.


What is your preferred medium?
I love traditional mediums. I like to be able to feel the paper in my hand, to hear the scratch of the pen and get paint under my nails. My work recently has been created using collaged, hand-painted papers and acrylics.

Tell us something specific about yourself that no one knows.
When volcano Eyjafjallajökull erupted in Iceland I got trapped in Brussels and had to hitchhike to England. Even though I’ve handled crazy travel experiences like that, I still avoid MARTA whenever possible.









No comments: